Today's Scripture

Thursday, March 14, 2019

James 1: 13-26 Be Doers of the Word!

I knew I was in trouble when I had only sketched out 5 of the 16 verses that needed to go on the page.  Whoops!  (I still had everything below the yellow mark to draw!)



But, since the last time I faced James my thinking had changed.  In 2013 I was thinking of "good and perfect gifts from above" as THINGS... this time I was thinking of the talents the Lord give, and the other spiritual gifts that aren't "things" at all.  Sure, He gives us those too, but the other "non-things" are far more valuable and needed to be shown as such.  As you can see from the above picture I had drawn out the talent type gifts, but then I woke up a couple of days later thinking I needed to show them coming down from "the Father of Heavenly lights"  I wanted it to be a whole dark galaxy thing with God's hand and gifts but there just wasn't enough room to show that...so I improvised ...



This is why I love doing this...every time I try it, I meditate on each individual scripture and the Lord shows me something different...It would be easy to just draw what I did last time, but sometimes there is a better solution.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...